Ruminate Customer Service Intern
Hours: 5-10 hours weekly in the summer; 4 hours weekly during the school year (unpaid)
Commitment: We do require our interns to commit to a one-year internship. This internship can be done remotely and provides on the job Salesforce training. We encourage our interns to create a balance between interning, school and paid employment opportunities and ask our interns to work a maximum of 10 hours per week. You may be able to earn credits from your university for this internship.
Summary objective of the Customer Service Intern:
The Customer Service Intern primarily assists with customer service emails, processing orders, and managing sales and subscription records in Salesforce for Ruminate, a nonprofit, ad-free magazine. This job requires initiative and inquisitiveness, strong oral and writing skills, a keen eye for efficiency and improvement, a creative mind that actively seeks out new ideas and solutions and practical ways to implement them, a heart for all that Ruminate represents, and a sense of humor, which goes a long way in working with a small arts nonprofit on tight deadlines and tight budgets.
- Process weekly orders and send those on to our fulfillment warehouse
- Answer customer inquiries regarding subscriptions and other order related issues
- Processing abandoned cart recovery emails
- Update and manage salesforce records related to subscriptions and store orders and run customer segmentation reports, lifecycle stages, and workflows
- Ensure complete record capture through Zapier
- Process e-journal orders, subscriptions, and e-journal uploads to Issuu
- Process updated credit card information, cancelations, & address changes
- Manager subscription databases through Bold and PayPal
Expect to Learn:
- Salesforce data entry and process management
- To create and manager campaigns and workflows for subscriptions and store orders
- To engage and retain customers
- To create and run the mailfile for each issue
- To audit fields and run reports in salesforce
Please email your cover letter and resume to Amanda Hitpas at email@example.com.